How to Use Selectable Drive Modes and What Driving Modes are Available in a 2020 Ford F-150
A high-performing truck in the Ontario roads can go a long way for work or recreation. To optimize your drive, Ford added the Drive Mode Selection feature to 2020 Ford F-150 models. But how do you use it, and what drive modes are available? We look into both questions at Blackstock Ford Lincoln.
How to Utilize Selectable Drive Modes
To use the Drive Mode System in a 2020 Ford F-150, you simply need to press or shift either your column or console shifter. The Drive Mode Selection menu will appear in the instrument cluster and allows you to navigate through the available modes to the one you want. Doing so will help optimize your performance for any job or ride, providing better fuel economy, towing, or overall performance. However, mode changes are not available when the ignition is off. To use it, the vehicle must be in drive!
What Drive Modes are Available in a 2020 Ford F-150?
Though a complete set of available drive modes are below, your 2020 Ford F-150 may only have some of the ones listed. However, each one is available in an F-150:
- Normal: This mode offers a balance of comfort and handling for an every-day drive.
- Tow Haul: This mode improves the transmission operation when towing a trailer or heavy load to optimize performance.
- Snow/Wet: This mode allows the vehicle optimal traction at low speeds and increases stability at higher speed levels.
- Eco: This mode provides the best fuel economy while trading-off overall performance and comfort.
- Sport: This mode can be used for aggressive off-road driving.
To note, some of the drive modes will reduce traction and stability performance. When this occurs, a warning indicator will illuminate in the instrument cluster.
Find a 2020 Ford F-150 near Orangeville, ON
With the numerous available drive mode options and ways to activate it, the 2020 Ford F-150 looks to provide you with a customized ride that fits any job. Stop into Blackstock Ford Lincoln today to find the right F-150 for you, or to ask us about its available features. Plus, schedule a test drive to give the Drive Mode System a try!
Check Out: 2020 Ford F-150 vs 2020 GMC Sierra